The words of our mouth do matter! These confessions release the power of God in the earth realm.
So how do we release the power of God through faith-filled confessions?
After you’ve spent time talking with the Lord, worshipping Him, etc., you can make these confessions in his presence. Think of him standing next to you. Out-loud (no need to yell, of course) you can speak the Word to yourself, over your own life. This is not a prayer per se, it’s a proclamation of spiritual truth! This doesn’t substitute your prayer life, it’s an addition to it.
Against the powers of darkness
Sometimes making these confessions is part of pushing back against demonic attacks, or as we say, “going into spiritual warfare”. Again, this is not praying, it’s a way of releasing the power of God into the spiritual realm.
By the way, don’t think you have to have prayed first! You can do this while you’re driving, jogging, whenever! Ideally, you would be in a place of privacy but there’s no limitations to where you can confess God’s word.
You can even stand in front of the mirror and speak to yourself. Sometimes your carnal self needs to hear these truths coming from…you!
Keep in mind this a really short list. It could be so much longer and cover so many areas. But sometimes short is good. It seems more doable and that’s what I like about it.
There’s power in your mouth, go ahead and release it – every day if you can!
1. Who I am in Christ
- I am a new creation in Christ Jesus. My spirit is created in the image and likeness of God. (II Corinthians 5:17)
- I am complete in Christ Jesus. (Colossians 2:9-10)
- I am righteous in Christ Jesus. I have right-standing with God, just like I had never done anything wrong. (II Corinthians 5:21)
- I am redeemed from the curse of the law (Deuteronomy 28) and that includes poverty, sickness, and spiritual death. (Galatians 3:13)
- I am God’s child and a joint-heir with Christ. (Romans 8:16-17)
2. Where I Am in Christ
- I have been taken from Satan’s kingdom and I am now in God’s Kingdom. (Colossians 1:13)
- I am part of the Body of Christ and Satan has no power over me. (1 Corinthians 12:14-27, Luke 9:1, Luke 10;19)
- I am seated in Heavenly places with Christ Jesus far above all darkness and all things are under my feet. (Ephesians 1:20-23, Ephesians 2:6)
3. What I Have in Christ
- All my needs are supplied by my Heavenly Father in every area of my life, according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- All spiritual blessings in Heavenly places are mine in Christ. (Ephesians 1:3)
- I don’t have to worry about anything for God has commanded me to cast all my cares onto Him. (1 Peter 5:7)
4. What I Can Do in Christ
- In the power of the Holy Ghost, I am a witness for Jesus. (Acts 1:8)
- I can and do tell others about Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- As a Believer, in the Name of Jesus Christ, I cast out devils, I speak with new tongues, and I lay hands on the sick and they do recover. (Mark 16:17-18)
- I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)